POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation output filename : Re: text output Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text output
From: davidafisher
Date: 14 Oct 2002 12:15:06
Message: <web.3daaec3474507bb267ebf1b60@news.povray.org>
Your first two replies really helped in getting me started here thanks.
This is where I'm at.

    #if (clock_on=true)
        #declare Fileout = concat("Scene_Name", str(frame_number,2,0),
".txt");
        #fopen loop_files Fileout write
        #write(loop_files,"\"Frame\",", frame_number, "\n")
    #end

light_source {
              <0,0,0>
              color White  // light's color
              translate SunPos(-2000, 6, 21, 4, clock, 0, 51.1666667,
-1.8333333)*100000;
}

    #if (clock_on=true)
        #write(loop_files,"\"Azimuth and Altitude\",",Az,",",Al, "\n")
        #write(loop_files,"\"Declination and RA\",",Decl,",",RA, "\n")
        #write(loop_files,"\"LST and GST\",",LST,",",GST, "\n")
    #end

on an animation loop the rendered image files are called:

 location01.bmp
 location02.bmp

the above code gives me

 Scene_Name 1.txt
 Scene_Name 2.txt

where I would like

 location01.txt
 location02.txt

So the text file names matches the image file name. (Just a change in ext)

I tried the %s, %o but these appear to be recognized only in the shellout
command line.

So I tried using the debug file settings in the ini file i.e.
Debug_File=true

I can either get the default file name - DEBUG.OUT or set it to a single
file name e.g. Debug_File=locationAll

The good thing about this is I can use the debug command to write to it,
but then as I loop on the clock everything gets stuffed into a single file,
which isn't exactly what I want (more work involved in parsing the data)

The ultimate solution would be, to rename the debug_file within SDL!

Is either approach that I've taken what I have to live with?

David