POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server load? : Re: Server load? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server load?
From: Bruce Duncan
Date: 7 Oct 2002 01:50:02
Message: <web.3da1206a2632e0e7d2b18b190@news.povray.org>
Jim Kress wrote:
>Is the POVRay server having a problem with loading?
>
>I've noticed that this slow down just started a week or 2 ago.

I've had problems fetching new headers from news.povray.org this weekend, it
kept timing out.

Another thing I have noticed (not just this weekend) is that headers take a
very long time to download, even if there are just a couple new on the
server.  And it seems as though a relatively large amount of data is
transmitted for those few headers.

I'm wondering if I may have soemthing misconfigured on my news reader, I'm
using Agent 1.91.