POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : macro - without () : Re: macro - without () Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: macro - without ()
From: gilroy
Date: 2 Oct 2002 17:15:15
Message: <web.3d9b60cbc85d9e9068a1676e0@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
>"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote in
>news:Xns### [at] 204213191226
>
>> Would it be a big problem to allow syntax  :
>
>and another request, in connection with previous post - keyword ignore
>that can be added to any object. It will 'kill' the object.
>
>Why ?
>Simple - it's very usefull while i.e. 'debugging' scene - if I have object
>long at 100 lines like :
>difference { ... union { ... } merge { ... union { ... }
>  ignore
>}
>addning / removing "ignore" is much faster then commenting all 100 lines or
>putting them into  #if (0) ... #end

If this is really an issue, couldn't you just #declare the object, then
comment out the call?  That is, instead of
sphere { <0,0,0>, 1 color Green ignore}

you'd write

#declare MySphere =
    sphere {<0,0,0>, 1 color Green}

object {MySphere} // to show it
//object (MySphere) // to hide it

With the added advantage that it's easy to abstract the object definition to
an #include file and then just use the call to include the object.