POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : inside_vector ??? : Re: inside_vector ??? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: inside_vector ???
From: Ernst Fritsch
Date: 5 Sep 2002 14:35:34
Message: <web.3d77a2b110f4d924751dcdca0@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

>I think the docs are quite clear about it.  To determine whether a point
>is inside or outside the mesh POV-Ray shoots a ray in direction of
>'inside_vector' and counts the intersections.

What you wrote there makes sense but:

In my documentation it says "To determine if a point is inside a
triangle mesh, POV-Ray shoots a ray from the point (wich one,
the one inside or outside the mesh or the inside_vector??) in some arbitrary
direction. If ...." and so on. It tells me that I can specify the direction
of that vector but it does not tell me on what basis.

If it would just say "As inside_vector choose any point inside the mesh."
it would make sense to me (provided that is really what the documentation
means).

By the way that was the first time in the last couple of years that I had
serious trouble with the POV-Ray documentation. So while I still think that

By the way Thanks to ABX