POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : inside_vector ??? : inside_vector ??? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  inside_vector ???
From: Ernst Fritsch
Date: 5 Sep 2002 13:45:09
Message: <web.3d779780d2c57d2a751dcdca0@news.povray.org>
I just started to try out my 3.1 scenes with the new 3.5 Version.

nice.

After reading the documentation I have a couple of questions:

It says after adding inside_vector the mesh has an inside.
Then it goes on with for example using +z as the direction I state
inside_vector <0, 0, 1>

OK: Here it goes
1. Why would I want to use +z???

3.How does the shape of my mesh influence the direction of the
inside_vector I should use???

principle of that vector and how to chose a vector for a mesh (or if

Help please.