POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Objects in camera : Re: Objects in camera Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects in camera
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 4 Sep 2002 04:00:10
Message: <web.3d75bcbacf9ebab2ed02f1080@news.povray.org>
Your problem is well known.
In addition it is useful to know the visible positions on a heightfield in
front of the camera.
My personal solution is to create a scene with a orthographic camera above
the heightfield and to put a light instead of the scene camera. I managed
to define an object, which defines the visible area and blocks unwanted
light.

With some finish changes I get a map, which shows all visible parts in white
and others in black.

Then I define an if_then loop at the trace step.

If you want, I can provide you with some example code.

Norbert