POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lights and photons glitches (possibly bug) : Re: Lights and photons glitches (possibly bug) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lights and photons glitches (possibly bug)
From: Bruce
Date: 2 Sep 2002 02:05:08
Message: <web.3d72ff1c1466a06cd2b18b190@news.povray.org>
I think I have experienced a problem similar to this myself, I was pointing
3 cylinder lights (red,green and blue; in parallel) at a reflective box.
And catching their reflected light on another box.  Instead on 3 spots
(r,g,b) of light, I got 1 spot of white light, that appeared to be 'chopped
off'

If I replaced the cylinder lights with spotlights I got the expected
results.

I posted here, a while back about this, asking whether it was a known bug.
Someone sorta verified this, so I just assumed it a bug and left it at that.

As for the other problems you are experiencing, I can't help.