POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request: Stop Render : Re: Feature Request: Stop Render Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request: Stop Render
From: gilroy
Date: 31 Aug 2002 11:05:01
Message: <web.3d70da79965a6fc155690de30@news.povray.org>
>> A confirmation prompt when you stop the render might be a good idea. On more
>> than one occasion, during an exceptionally long render I've accidentally
>> clicked stop instead of pause, something like that is usually followed by
>> the use of many colourful 4 letter adjectives :-P I know this could get
>> annoying for short test renders, but an option to turn off confirmation
>> should be pretty easy to add (off by default perhaps). I'm just thinking for
>> convenience sake and fewer headaches.
>
>Actually, I had already decided to add something like this, I've been doing
>some long renders myself recently and always had to be careful I didn't hit
>'stop' instead of 'tray'.
>
>I'll probably make it conditional on the render having progressed for more than
>a certain amount of time (probably half an hour).
>
>I don't want it on by default since when I'm working on a scene I regularly
>stop the render early, and being bugged each time would be a nuisance.

Along the same lines, in the Windows version, it'd be nice to have a "Rerun"
button that allowed you -- with ONE click -- to rerun the last render using
all the same conditions, command-line options, etc.  I know that there is a
rerun button but because it offers so many possibilities, it takes three
clicks (at three different pieces of real estate) to start the most recent
render over again.  When I'm tweaking a scene, especially one spread out
over several #include files, both of the available methods are annoying.