POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stars, sizes, and antialiasing. (Was: Re: Starfields...) : Stars, sizes, and antialiasing. (Was: Re: Starfields...) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Stars, sizes, and antialiasing. (Was: Re: Starfields...)
From: ron ivi
Date: 27 Aug 2002 14:25:17
Message: <web.3d6bc301b4c1e988cd0d0b840@news.povray.org>
On the subject of stars and starfields, how do you make little stars show
up?

Ideally in my mind I think (a) all stars should take up no more than one
pixel (unless using focal blur :-)), and (b) all stars in a pixel would
contribute to to the intensity of that pixel.

Yeah, I know that's not now raytracing works, but it seems it's almost
exactly like what goes on making Vista Buffers so I'm guessing it's
implementable.

Yeah, I also know this won't work with reflections, etc. but I don't see too
many reflective enough items to show stars anyway.

Or am I thinking about this in the wrong way?