POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The REAL image size : The REAL image size Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  The REAL image size
From: The Mad Hatter
Date: 24 Aug 2002 18:40:01
Message: <web.3d680ad7a0dd952795946e520@news.povray.org>
Rightclicking and viewing properties gives a different image filesize than
viewing from the OS Console.

Now I understand a differece in rounding up, or chiping off digits, but
sometimes
the values are off by quite an amount.  And viewing the image in an image
manipulators gives me yet another different value.  Every app calculates an
image filesize different.  Is there a true method to this? I would image so.

Once entering the irtc I was afraid I was over the max K limit of my image.
3/4 applications said I was under, and the other said I was over the limit.
I am curious as to how the irtc calculates the size of images as well now.

I vote that this kind of system should be standardized!