POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : YetAnotherFeatureRequest : Re: YetAnotherFeatureRequest Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:09:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YetAnotherFeatureRequest
From: CherryMoon
Date: 23 Aug 2002 05:30:05
Message: <web.3d65ff7eb79e1021ddfe293c0@news.povray.org>
>We have bookmarks already which provide this functionality but don't
Yep thanks for the information, and sorry to ask for something that already
exist.I'm trying this right now....
(5 minutes later)
Yeah, I found the idea very useful...but it would be better if their
location can be saved on the file(ex:#declare
bookmarks-lines=5,22,30...generated on the first
bookmark-implementation-saving of a file)
The main drawback I found is the fact that still this is a non-direct access
and could not make optional the rendering of a single part of the scene

>impose any specific coding style on the end user. I think it's better
I think implementing section-tabs+right-click menu((de)select,crop,...)may
be done OPTIONNALY in addition of creating bookmarks the way they are
without imposing any coding style
thus allowing two new features: 1-Partial rendering and 2-Direct access..

I don't know that much in programming but I'm sure it's a matter of minutes
for you -C-ASM-LEXX&YACK-cracks ;)
I know, I know so much to do, so little time.... <)