POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Layered textures vs. sky_sphere : Re: Layered textures vs. sky_sphere Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Layered textures vs. sky_sphere
From: Tom York
Date: 21 Aug 2002 16:05:06
Message: <web.3d63f1d5f0f0662e541c87100@news.povray.org>
Mike wrote:
>I tested this using your syntax and two pigment/texture layers. I get
>identical results for both the skysphere and the scaled sphere.
>
>Could you post the exact pigments you are using?

See

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~tomy/temp/skysphere.html

where there is a link to the problem code and four images (JPEGS totalling
~80KB) illustrating the problem.

The two images on the left of that page appear nearly identical; they use
layered textures (pigments) on the sphere (sky_sphere) that do not contain
any filtered transparency.

The two images on the right are identical to the first two except that they
use filtered transparency in the layered textures/pigments. There is an
obvious contrast difference.