POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with Isosurface and max_trace please : Help with Isosurface and max_trace please Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Help with Isosurface and max_trace please
From: Mike
Date: 19 Aug 2002 19:40:09
Message: <web.3d6180f36bb2fa2e8b0b6f760@news.povray.org>
I'm just starting to experiment with isosurfaces.

I have played around with some CSG shapes and partially transparent
isosurfaces. Despite the documentation's warning that max_trace needs to be
set for use with CSG, they seem to work just fine with max_trace set at the
default of 1.

Can someone please post an example where it is necessary to increase the
max_trace of an isosurface?

Thanks