POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Generating SDL : Re: Generating SDL Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:11:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generating SDL
From: Tom York
Date: 19 Aug 2002 13:15:15
Message: <web.3d6126e498476871cd15d6aa0@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, what would be the point of this? (I have a pretty good
>idea, but seek clarification).

For semi- (or actual) simulation projects, this sort of thing would be
useful. I once ran into things that would be better done outside the SDL
rather than within it, or perhaps I was corrupted when I started pretending
to program in an object-orientated fashion. However, I think that the
inverse problem to this is the harder (SDL -> other language); it's pretty
simple to talk SDL with a few choice printf/ostream/equivalent commands for
most simulations, I would've thought. Or just read the simulation output
from within POV using the SDL file commands.

There seem to be many C++/other languages -> SDL projects going on, but few
SDL ->  C++ projects. Is anyone else looking at this?