POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera Parameters, esp. angle : Re: Camera Parameters, esp. angle Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera Parameters, esp. angle
From: Mike
Date: 6 Aug 2002 11:45:23
Message: <web.3d4fee6fa27e738523878ff90@news.povray.org>
Ichthyostega wrote:
>But, btw, anyone who got across problems with aspect ratio using
>the cylinder cameras? (Or am I the only one who is annoyed by
>the current behaviour)

I honestly can't tell what a cylinder camera is 'supposed' to look like, so
I have no idea. I wish I could find a diagram explaining the way the
projection is supposed to work.

Incidentally, you mentioned in the orthographic camera's second mode it uses
angle to get the same view as a perspective camera. What is the extra
calculation it makes and what value(s) does it change? Just curious.