POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera Parameters, esp. angle : Re: Camera Parameters, esp. angle Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera Parameters, esp. angle
From: Ichthyostega
Date: 6 Aug 2002 04:55:14
Message: <web.3d4f8defa27e738572f2eb850@news.povray.org>
Mike wrote:
>Like I mentioned in the other thread, panoramic cameras behaved this way in
>3.1 as well. I wonder if this was overlooked in the source, or whether it
>is intended to work that way, in which case the docs should be updated to
>reflect the fact that angle has no effect on the panoramic camera type.
>
>Heh, I always though it was just me. No one ever noticed this before? I'm
>surprised. I guess I can feel like I've contributed now. :)

Sometimes, I got the impression, panoramic cameras are a rather exotic
feature, used sadly enough only to get "distorted images". In this case
it doesn't matter when the aspect ratio is wrong or the angele doesn't fit.

Or, maybee, everyone uses the Cylinder Cameras, and so panoramic
camera is rather redundant and thus no one noticed, that angle
on panoramic camera doesn't work?

But, btw, anyone who got across problems with aspect ratio using
the cylinder cameras? (Or am I the only one who is annoyed by
the current behaviour)

Hermann