POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Free fish and plant models : Re: Free fish and plant models Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free fish and plant models
From: Tony LaVigne
Date: 4 Aug 2002 18:35:08
Message: <web.3d4daac338084ec788d4e3910@news.povray.org>
Alan Holding wrote:
>"Gilles Tran" <git### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
>>
>> Unless you really want to go the macro route, I suggest that you use 3DWin
>> from http://www.tb-software.com as it converts easily from many formats to
>> Povray's mesh2. I just tried the registered version (I don't know about
>the
>> limitations of the evaluation one) on the angel fish and it created a
>> complete Povray one with proper bitmap texture.
>
>Just remember to smooth the mesh in 3DWin.
>
>Thanks for the resource, Gilles.

I cann't figure out how to run 3DWin.    Apparently there is a Morayplugin
that has to be executed but I cann't find it.
I did  realize my error in not including the bmp  at the end of the mesh2
macro with
 texture {uv_mapping pigment {image_map { sys "kumanot.bmp" map_type 0
interpolate 0}}}

I have 7 fish.inc file at 6 Meg file compressing to 1.5 Meg if anyone wants
it.
Each bmp file is 200K.
Now for the flowers...
Tony