POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff. : Re: Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff.
From: Mike
Date: 4 Aug 2002 11:45:16
Message: <web.3d4d4bc54746c3d723878ff90@news.povray.org>
Thanks, but I'm not trying to recreate 3.1's behavior. I was asking about
keyword order, but I understand now that it doesn't matter.

What I'm confused about is section 6.2.4.6 of the docs state "The angle
keyword is used to determine the viewing angle." when referring to the
panoramic camera type.

I have a simple scene here:
camera{
  panoramic
  location     <0,0,-10>
  angle 170
}

light_source{
  <5,10,-15>
  color rgb<1,1,1>
}

#declare My_Cyl=cylinder{ -80*y 80*y .2 pigment{color
rgb<1,0,0>}finish{ambient 1}}
cylinder{My_Cyl}
cylinder{My_Cyl rotate<0,0,45>}
cylinder{My_Cyl rotate<0,0,90>}
cylinder{My_Cyl rotate<0,0,135>}

Now, no matter what angle value I use in the camera statement(I used 170
above) the scene will not change in way I can see. Is this an error in the
docs or something I'm just not seeing?