POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff. : Re: Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff. Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff.
From: Mike
Date: 2 Aug 2002 19:50:04
Message: <web.3d4b1a164746c3d78b0b6f760@news.povray.org>
Aha! I think I finally get it.

I was just playing around with a scene with marker posts like you said and
think I finally understand what is going on.

Placing angle before or after direction isn't important. Like you said it
scales the direction vector to gain the correct angle; it doesn't
'override' the values for direction and right, like I mistakenly imagined
it did. I guess my confusion arose because you could leave out right, up,
and direction and just specify an angle...It didn't occur to me that angle
then simply acted on the default vales for these vectors, rather than
'replacing' them.

Whew.

Now, I'll see if I can get angle to do something with my panoramic
cameras...