POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Why would pvengine.exe need to access the Internet? : Why would pvengine.exe need to access the Internet? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:54:37 EDT (-0400)
  Why would pvengine.exe need to access the Internet?
From: gilroy
Date: 29 Jul 2002 22:44:03
Message: <web.3d45fd2f68fc477cec184b740@news.povray.org>
So, I was just tooling around on my Win XP box (reading slashdot, if you
must know :) ) and suddenly ZoneAlarm pops up an alert.  (ZoneAlarm is a
free personal firewall that is tops in my book.)  It asks whether the
program "pvengine.exe" should be allowed to access the Internet.

I refused, because my policy is to block any program whose need to go onto
the Net is less than clear to me.  And this one is.  Why is pvengine.exe
asking to access the Internet?  Or is some other program spoofing me and
trying to sneak by?