POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Perfect Mirror : Re: How does reflection work? (was: Re: Perfect Mirror) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:40:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How does reflection work? (was: Re: Perfect Mirror)
Date: 30 Oct 1998 08:10:39
Message: <wbr9vqtctt.fsf@tycho.oslo.infostream.no>
[Nieminen Mika <war### [at] assaricctutfi>]
| Doesn't 'reflection 1' mean "reflect ALL the light"?. If so, why if I
| give the mirror, for example, a red color, the reflection is
| reddish?  It isn't reflecting ALL the light, but modifying it.
| to work differently. Could anyone explain me how this really works?

The reddish color comes from the diffuse light and the ambient light.
As they are still red, and added to the reflected light.

If you add finish{reflection 1 diffuse 0 ambient 0} you'll get a white
mirror, even if your sphere is red.

--
A penny for your thoughts.
Mine are more expensive.