POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : output options : Re: output options Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output options
From: Glen Berry
Date: 2 May 2000 12:43:00
Message: <wQMPOeJMhrFploOf6EI9BMXJF+B+@4ax.com>
On Tue, 02 May 2000 11:26:25 -0500, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>If you want it to end with 8, just divide the image width and height by 8,
>which gives you exactly the result (preview is not needed for this). Then
>scale the image to 800% in a paint program. This will have (nearly) the same
>effect as preview 8.

Of course, the paint program needs to be the type that doesn't
interpolate when scaling an image 8 times larger. The nicer programs
interpolate by default, and often have no way to turn it off. Older
versions of simpler programs like LView Pro (windows software) will
scale an image upward without interpolation.

Hmmm, I wonder if interpolation is the correct term to use when
talking about up-sizing an image? Would the more technically correct
term actually be extrapolation? It would seem that way to me, but I
have never heard anyone refer to it like that.

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )