POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : My Default Font - Screenshots : Re: My Default Font - Screenshots Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:51:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Default Font - Screenshots
From: Glen Berry
Date: 16 Sep 2001 14:09:14
Message: <vuakO6wgyAp=Up11xrMOFW=n2=35@4ax.com>
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 02:40:32 +1000, "Chris Cason"
<newsadmin@-despam-povray.org> wrote:

>> I'll trust your judgement on this, but do you think it would be better
>> for the editor to use a suitable default font that is found on ALL
>> windows systems? ((I'm assuming that such a font even exists.) I also
>
>It does.

Well if it does, it certainly isn't Lucinda Console. That font isn't
installed on Win95 systems.

>If Lucida Console isn't there it defaults, as I stated, to
>Courier New (which is standard). So what's wrong with that behaviour ?

There is nothing tragically wrong at all, unless this is somehow
indirectly related to the editor's tendency to lose track of my list
of fonts in the font selection dialog box.

I just thought it was perhaps a reasonably good idea to choose a font
that existed on all Windows systems to begin with. If the system
reverts back to Courier New, why not simply use Courier New to begin
with? (Assuming that it is available on all Windows versions.)

The reason I suggest this is to provide more uniformity between the
various Windows installations of POV-Ray. For one thing, the less
variations in behaviour, the less oppurtunity for unexpected bugs or
other problems to creep in. Another reason is to simply give POV a
more uniform and "trademark" look across various Windows platforms,
although that is merely a cosmetic and psychological concern, and
certainly not an operational concern.

Later,
Glen