POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 7 Mar 2004 15:17:34
Message: <vu0n40tsv22ht15g469n2heo6qqto9shi5@4ax.com>
On 7 Mar 2004 15:12:33 -0500, Tom Galvin <tom### [at] imporg> wrote:

>IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in
>

>> Don't be so ignorant. Re-read the thread. See what we are writing
>> about.
>>

>Follow your own advice.  Others have made the same points I have.
>JPEG200 was proposed as a solution.  Alternative solutions have been
>proposed.  Each one has trade-offs for size, speed, quality and
>compatibility.

Well, duh.

>"WE" have broadened the discussion.
>

>> I'm seeing if it can be changed now.
>
>If you haven't already realized, it is not going to happen "Now".

Think again, buddy. Looks like it was not a rule after all. Keep up.

>Continuing this line of argument is pointless.  If you want to discuss
>possible timelines for support, or alternative avenues of investigation
>then that is a different matter.

I shall continue so long as others continue, not when you think I
should stop.

>> Who said I was breaking the rules? PAY ATTENTION.
>>
>> I posted a JPEG2000 file once and was told not to do so again. This I
>> have complied with.
>>

>You need to read the Acceptable use Policy of this server.  A short
>excerpt follows.
>
>    Users of this news server may not post messages that could
>    reasonably be expected, by today's standards, to cause another
>    reasonable person to not want to use or visit this server due
>    to a feeling of harassment. Personal attacks, exhibiting
>    insulting or abusive behavior, are not an acceptable activity
>    on this news server. Likewise, the use of profanity is also
>    considered unacceptable.

And what has that got to do with image formats? Are you implying an
image format is like a personal attack for example?

>> Again, where on Earth do you get the idea that we must all be
>> fluffy-puppy with one another? What kind of debating system is that?
>>

>A productive one.  Debate on the merits of an argument with consideration
>to opposing viewpoints.  Granting the benefit of the doubt, and asking
>for clarification.

I wish that was the case here, but you get people mangling your images
and trying to waylay the point you get what you deserve.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com