POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image_map color adjustment? : Image_map color adjustment? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:32:27 EDT (-0400)
  Image_map color adjustment?
From: Kyle
Date: 13 Jul 2005 19:59:53
Message: <vp9bd1p330mntk3k9dhlfch4csv2215j12@4ax.com>
Hi all.

I hope this hasn't been asked before, or is answered somewhere in the
manual that I have overlooked, but here goes...

I am using an image_map as a pigment for an object.  Once rendered,
the color of the object looks quite faded, compared to the image that
is used for the image_map.  I found that adjusting the assumed_gamma
in global_settings from 1 to 2.2 enhances the color of the object.  Is
there a method to enhance the image_map pigment without affecting the
entire image?

Thanks,

Kyle