POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Highlight Effect : Highlight Effect Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Highlight Effect
From: How Camp
Date: 24 Mar 2004 13:46:40
Message: <vhl360dkcd3b2l630nvvo05b1s0714s1p3@4ax.com>
Having been around POV-Ray for some time, I'm sure I should know how
to do this, but somehow the proper effect continues to elude me...

I have some text in my scene I'd like to draw special attention to.
It would be rather nice to have some sort of 'highlight' effect where
the particular word I'd like to emphasize flashes as if a bright light
were crossing a shiny metal surface.  Try as I might, I cannot seem to
reproduce this effect to my satisfaction.

Eventually, I'll animate the effect to show a diagonal flash of light
passing over the word, sort-of like you might see in some 1970's
Marvel Comics type film.

Any ideas?

- How