POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop : Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop Server Time
22 Jun 2024 21:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop
From: Kyle
Date: 15 Jul 2005 10:51:50
Message: <veifd110pu7u0vaeealbe1g6v72ssju4dm@4ax.com>
>How it explains? Release build was made with VC++ 7.1 from 2003 suit too.

Since the official Windows source code has not been release yet, I had
to merge the MegaPOV 1.2 source with the MegaPOV 1.1 source, then used
the solution file from POVRay 3.6 source, modifiy it and compile.

Even though the complier used may have been the same, the possibility
that the build is exactly the same is a million in one shot.  I do not
have any code changes that may have been made to the windows frontend
between 1.1 and 1.2.  Also, it is very unlikely that I used exactly
the same compiler switches as the official build.

Also, this is Windows we're talking about.  ;-)

Kyle