POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How POVRay works : How POVRay works Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  How POVRay works
From: Jepessen
Date: 7 Feb 2003 09:28:36
Message: <veg74v0kdgmo9q7tes6hl2tns78peqlgec@4ax.com>
Hi.
I've a question about the rendering method of POVRay.
When I deide to create a shape, how does program decide the meshing
subdivision of the shape itself?
When I create shapes with other programs (like 3dstudio etc), I can
decide with how many poligons I can create the shape. Even if I use
NURBS models, that depends only by the form, the program convert
shapes to polygons to create the image, and I can work on parameters
that create this transformation.

Have POVRay some command to modify this part of the program itself? Or
it doesn't use polygons in rendering? How POVRay works, generally?

Sorry for my very bad english, but I think that you can understand the
question.

Daniele