POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray user count : Re: povray user count Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray user count
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 Feb 2000 19:09:33
Message: <vUuXOB50Veyw98NL5TDK6FM9azt9@4ax.com>
On Tue, 01 Feb 2000 17:02:09 +0100, Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

>Peter Popov wrote:
>
>> If there were another POV user in Bulgaria I would have heard about
>> him or her by now. This makes 1 in 8 million where I live. Unlikely I
>> think :)
>>

>Everytime I do a public lecture about my POV work (happens a couple of times a year),
>there's always at least one person who's using it too in the attendance. It is often
>surprising. I've discovered for instance that some teachers use it to teach maths to
>kids. People who are not internet-savvy just do not know about the newsgroups or the
>povray page and do their own pov stuff ignoring the community out there. There are
>also people who have to do a quick 3D stuff at work, spend a day learning the basics,
>turn out the couple of spheres they need, and that's all.
>Unlike commercial packages, who tend to appeal to certain definite crowds, POV seems
>very versatile in that respect. It's a strange phenomenon actually.
>
>G.

Yes, but around here you can get MAX 3.0 for $8.0 . Most amateur 3D
artists don't consider the price a hindrance for their carreer <grin>.

And no, I have never pirated MAX. Honestly.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700