POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No country for old men : Re: No country for old men Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No country for old men
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Aug 2009 10:15:03
Message: <v9sa85pkbpruc6i62sml7fk7mvfd630gmd@4ax.com>
On 14 Aug 2009 09:34:53 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Speaking of accents, most people, at least here, when they think about
>"British accent" what they really are thinking about is an exaggerated
>"posh English" accent, like the ones used in some British comedies (such
>as "Keeping Up Appearances").

Oo ar! Warp, ye be a bitty confused ye be.

I believe that Americans say there is a British accent but they are only being
polite. That may stem from the non English Brits getting fed up being called
English and being quite vocal about it. The "posh English" is called Received
Pronunciation and is naturally found near London. Other English dialects vary
considerably as do they between North and South Wales, various parts of Scotland
and Ireland.

I would say that you can't hear the difference in that interview because he is
speaking to an American on an American TV show and he wants to be understood.
Also I have spoken to some Americans from the Southern States and his accent is
a bit mild.

--

Regards
     Stephen