POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : What next... ? : Re: What next... ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What next... ?
From: Stephen
Date: 5 May 2007 13:54:26
Message: <v5hp33tj3s0oqrjhertafpdb6otm495qqk@4ax.com>
On Sat, 5 May 2007 14:58:10 +0100, "Simon" <povray@NOSPAM|SOWare.co.uk> wrote:

>Any help greatly appreciated

That is a difficult question. I don't think that anyone has written a tutorial
like that.
What I do is, think of a scene that I would like to see. Say, a house on a hill
with a gate opening on to a path. I would build the components separately. Bring
them together in one scene and see how they go together. I'd probably find that
I wasn't happy with it and would want to improve the sky, find a way to make
better grass etc.
What I'm saying is I start off with a simple object and develop it until I'm
happy with it then build another and so on then combine them. To help me, I use
Moray as using a modeller suits me. Also the Moray site has models that people
have uploaded so they can be used as examples or ready made props.
Post what you are doing in povray.binaries.images and ask for comments, you are
sure to get them. {BTW it is traditional that your first post is a variation of
a reflective sphere on a chequered plane (RSOCP). That should get you thinking
:-}
Welcome and good luck.

Regards
	Stephen