POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object collections : Re: Object collections Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object collections
Date: 20 Jun 2002 05:43:25
Message: <v183hus03t9fdgdeg2cchjqmenundd89lv@4ax.com>
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 02:03:37 +0400, "Vadim Sytnikov" <syt### [at] rucom> wrote:
>"Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> > I think that it is new users who mainly go
> > looking for objects on the web. Once they gain proficiency with the
> > program they choose to make objects for themselves.
>
> ... that is why there are so little professional artwork done with POV-Ray.

Professionals usually are not fanatics. They use objects in different formats
with conversion to their favourite/available renderer.

> POV-Ray will remain what it currently is: the tool/toy for hobbyists.

Personaly I think that there is different reason than object repository: well
tested (and transparent for user) distributed rendering working with any type
of scene/animation (you know I'm thinking about radiosity).

ABX