POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : slightly-squared torus? : Re: slightly-squared torus? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: slightly-squared torus?
From: ABX
Date: 23 Apr 2004 05:59:20
Message: <v0qh80diatavhdrgfiiffrgf5t45119hap@4ax.com>
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 03:42:30 -0600, "Sally" <bui### [at] NOSPAMyahoocom>
wrote:
> I'm looking to doing a "rounded box" kind of torus... basically instead
> of the torus being perfectly round around the major axis (origin), I
> would like it to travel in a rounded-square kind of path. The thickness
> of the torus remains constant though.

For sure you can do this with grid of triangles enclosed in mesh created
moving some crossection along some spline. This can be realized with
SweepSpline macro mentioned one post earlier or IIRC with
http://members.home.nl/seedseven/#MMMM

Circle can be also moved along spline using sphere_sweep{} object thought it
has limited types of spline. Rounded box can be also realized carefully
adjusting control points in
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/ic/docu02.html#Torus_Spline

ABX