POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad photography : Re: Bad photography Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad photography
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Jun 2008 05:13:35
Message: <v00f54pt8v1oq9412nfphtlvf15i3uorhb@4ax.com>
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:52:55 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Sabrina Kilian wrote:
>
>> Step your aperture a bit to cut the background light, and use a flash.
>
>1. What's an aperture? [No GLaDDOS jokes please.]

The aperture on a camera is a hole or an opening through which light
is admitted. Besides letting in more or less light it controls the
depth of field. A small aperture gives a greater depth of field. It is
also referred to as the f number or stops. I assume that Sabrina meant
for you to decrease the aperture to cut down the total light entering
the camera and use the flash as a fill in light. You would need to use
your camera in manual mode as in automatic it would increase the
exposure time to compensate.

>2. Will a flash make any difference in an outdoor scene shot from a
>distance of 25 feet?

One can only suck it and see.
--

Regards