POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how do i continue a render while using radiosity. : how do i continue a render while using radiosity. Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  how do i continue a render while using radiosity.
From: Richard Morehouse
Date: 29 Jul 2002 01:29:06
Message: <uri9kuogijgu903v2nruepdndrjnlo4n4l@4ax.com>
i am having problems continuing a trace which uses radiosity.

I have specified Continue_Trace=on and +X10 in  povray.ini
and am using output option +FT
povray 3.5 for windows
amdk6-2 400hz 256mb ram
rendering contains around a hundred area lights and the main light
source.  there is a lots of glass also. I am rendering at 1024 X 768
aa 0.03 with the default radiosity settings
when I restart the render the radiosity pretrace starts over from the
begining. it takes over two hours to do the pretrace alone.
it took over 17 hours to render 60 lines and I don't want to start
over until i can find a way to resume rendering if it is interupted.

can anyone help?

Richard