POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : function question : Re: function question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:58:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: function question
Date: 3 Apr 2002 17:39:52
Message: <un0naussdera8t89o4n8gttvebm6gdk8m0@4ax.com>
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:31:50 -0600, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote:
> The only part of your process that I do not understand is the bounding
> process. Are the bounds chosen arbitrarily, or is there a method for
> assigning bounds?

Bounding is necessary to rescale value from space to 0-1 entry for color map in
color component and then rescale back to original value. Every scaling requires
origin of scaling and scale value - here they are min and range value.

Presented values are randomly choosed without any important rule. My suggestion
is to use something like:

#local X_Max = 1e5;
#local X_Min = -X_Max;

and the same for Y and Z.
You have to remember that outside bounding results can be wrong.

ABX