POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi from DKBTrace author : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi from DKBTrace author
From: Peter Popov
Date: 19 Jan 2001 12:00:49
Message: <ummg6tgstuoeamvon3tt0i24o3tkhvhahf@4ax.com>
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:45:01 -0500, David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom>
wrote:

>Hi all.

<to all>

Sabunim kioh-ne!

>I'm the author of DKBTrace which, you may know, is the predecessor of
>POV-Ray.  I offered the DKBTrace source to the POV-Ray team as a base
>system and I served on the POV-Ray team for about two years.

Your name still appears in the credits section with each render :)

>What exciting things are happening these days in the POV-Ray world?  I'm
>seeing some amazing things posted on the net.

With all due regards, it was mostly the BBS crowd and some devoted
Compuserve folk who formed the POV-Ray community. It is now a world of
its own. People are constantly working on improvements, adding
features, hunting bugs, writing or re-writing documentation, creating
scenes and include files (and macros), etc. This very news server has
proven to be a binding force for POVers all over the world, with
visitors being helpful (mostly harmless :) ) folk with a strong sense
of community.

As of your appearance here, it is a honour for all of us. Your name is
likely as well known as those of Chris Young, Dan Farmer or Mike
Miller (there was a recent rush for locating Mike Miller's works). As
someone (Ken?) said, it has been immortalised. I hope your stay will
be long.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg