POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : x_spline syntax confusion : Re: x_spline syntax confusion Server Time
14 May 2024 23:01:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: x_spline syntax confusion
From: ABX
Date: 25 Nov 2005 09:17:20
Message: <um6eo1dgcdtcjh47fcdbmh7m9i8v8th494@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:49:24 EST, "Matt Denham" <mde### [at] bemanirebirthnet>
wrote:
> I assume the change in express.cpp was made *after* ABX documented it. :-)

:-(

No idea how it happened. IMO documentations stands correct. 'freedom_degree'
is optional while vector is obligatory. Obligatory params should occur before
optional for given control point (1). I think I will move it there for future
versions but keep parsed as it is currently with warning that it should be
moved. Thanks for solving this and sorry for not finding time to work on it
myself.

ABX

(1) tcb_spline is exception which order of params and vector means 'params for
end of previous segment', control point, 'params for begining of next
segment'.