POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : hamapatch point selection : Re: hamapatch point selection Server Time
2 Jun 2024 02:56:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hamapatch point selection
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 29 Apr 2001 06:27:34
Message: <ulpnet8ssghali9meo1vcn0noba2k2i4uk@4ax.com>

>Hi Jamie,
>thanks for answering, but what you call the dashed box, was what i meant
>with the selection tool. It doesn't work!
>I only can deselect points that were selected before. Ok, a work around is
>to select all points with the select tab in the menu bar and then deselect
>the desired points and then inverse them with the selection tab in the menu
>bar.

Hi Robert,

 I have been using Hamapatch V2.1 quite a lot recently and the selection tool works
fine for
me.
The selection tool is the cross with four arrow heads, NOT the dashed box, which is
for
multiple selection in a rectangular area. This and the "lasso" tool work much the same
as
their equivalents in PSP.

To select single points;
1) selected the Patch tab
2) select the first button, (a cross with four arrow heads)
3) select each point individually with the left mouse button.
(I switch off the axes button for most operations)

The use of the Control button in combination with the mouse click is very important.
By holding down Control whilst clicking you can add or remove points from your
selection.
If you already have more than one point selected then you MUST hold down Control
whilst
clicking the left mouse button to select or deselect.

BTW, IIRC=if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps.

David
dav### [at] hamiltonitecom