POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray : Re: Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray
From: ABX
Date: 11 Jun 2004 11:00:21
Message: <ughjc05hh3j14qvm92pes5mbuuo95dve56@4ax.com>
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:51:39 +0200, Tor Olav Kristensen
<tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote:
> - Would anyone be interested in such a Knoppix CD ?

I would be very interested. Contest for name? Contest for (shortest ;-> code
of) logo ?

> - Will there be any legal problems related to the
>   distribution of it ?

There is new distribution licence on the page with downloads.

> - Does anyone have suggestions for other resources
>   to put on it ?

IIRC Nicolas has used Knoppix for part of 3.6 development. Perhaps he already
found something useful. POV-Anywhere? Something for making animations from
stills with some GUI interface? Wings?

Look at http://www.opensourcelab.it/ . It already tells about POVRay but if it
is the same debian distribution of POV-Ray I have heard, then I prefer
something made by experienced POV user like you.

> - Could it in any way be used to promote POV-Ray or
>   help sponsoring of the POV-Ray development ?

IMO existence within list
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixCustomizations
could already promote POV.

ABX