POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interior statement. : Re: interior statement. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior statement.
Date: 5 Jul 2002 12:27:08
Message: <ughbiuct0l51ttcofbomtrfavh8fga41fu@4ax.com>
On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:14:21 -0500, "Dave VanHorn" <dva### [at] cedarnet> wrote:
> In the final work, I need to run many renders manually turning on parts as I
> go, and changing the viewpoint, to produce a sequence of pictures for an
> assembly manual.
>
> It's just one more thing to forget while I'm modifying the scene and
> objects.

I expected this kind of problem :-) With one switch declared at begining you
can easy control more than one place in script. For example you can vary
ambient of object depending radiosity is on or off. For example:

#declare Use_All          = off;
#declare Use_Light        = ( off | Use_All );
#declare Use_Radiosity    = ( on  | Use_All );
#declare Use_Transparency = ( on  | Use_All );

global_settings{
  #if(Use_Radiosity) radiosity{ } #end
}
box{