POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 10 Mar 2004 15:23:07
Message: <uduu40lrsu3b02ticvpu1vgfkaokd2bfpa@4ax.com>
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:37:25 -0800, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
wrote:

>IMBJR wrote:
>> I am. Do you understand this simple concept? Here in the UK we have
>> ADSL - it simply will not reach me.
>
>Dude, I worked on the team who invented it. I also hold a couple patents
>related to it. I understand the concept a heck of a lot better than you do.

So? That still does not mean I gets to play with ADSL. You should
understand that.

>> T1? Well, whilst we are burning money let's get the pavement outside
>> the house paved with diamonds.
>
>Is it broadband? Yes. Are you out of range of it? No. Nobody mentioned a
>word about cost so far.

I did. Just then. This is not about laziness, my chum, it is about
cost.

>You chose not to get it not because you're lazy, but because it costs
>too much.

Well, duh! So bang so your lazy accusations. Dear me!

>Others chose not to download random 3rd-party image viewers
>that may or may not work and may or may not corrupt other software on
>their system that they rely on, not because they're lazy but because it
>costs them too much. Said costs are not always measured in dollars, or
>pounds.

Costs? The software can be sourced freely. Just because you've been
bitten by software does not mean we all have.

>Understand?

All too well that you do not.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com