POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : distance pattern ? : Re: distance pattern ? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distance pattern ?
Date: 10 Jul 2002 14:19:48
Message: <ubuoiuc22i86eadjscq08nns4gg69gs6h2@4ax.com>
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:03:27 -0500, Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom>
wrote:
> That's going to be the generalised glow solving method...the patch will
> tesselate to a low-res mesh for glow calculations when an shape specific
> method doesn't exist. That will be part of the proximity patch as well,
> though I'm not going to completely abandon the ray sampling method.

Are you posting such detailed descrption to discourage other to implement
similiar ideas ? ;-)

Seriously I thought about similiar solutions but it is nonsense to work around
the same. Fortunatelly have some other ideas and first have to try optimize
and fix sphere_sweeps. Can't wait for sources.

ABX