POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering voxel-style functions in Povray : Re: Rendering voxel-style functions in Povray Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering voxel-style functions in Povray
From: Mike Williams
Date: 6 Sep 2009 16:10:32
Message: <uaPhP5AxcBpKFwOW@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it twinbee who wrote:
>> You can do that with any type of object, just use a pigment function.
>>
>> http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/pigfun.htm
>
>Many thanks! I'm guessing other attributes such as variable
>translucency or specularity throughout the surface of the material
>can be set as well.

Specularity is tricky. The specular value of any individual texture is
constant, so if you want to vary the specularity you have to use more
than one texture combined in a texture map. See the recent "specular
texture" thread in this group but use a function instead of
image_pattern to blend them.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure