POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV performance : Re: POV performance Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:10:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV performance
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Jul 2001 17:42:52
Message: <u58kkt48r0lla6dvprhab4uurmqspjnalf@4ax.com>
On 8 Jul 2001 13:26:25 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Well, if we are talking about first computers, then I have to note that
>I said earlier that "the first PC I used was a 8086". However, it wasn't my
>first computer.

Mine neither.

>  The first computer ever that I have used was a Spectrum 48k, and the first
>computer I have owned was a Spectrum 128k.

Mine was a Bulgarian Apple II clone plugged into our b&w TV.

>  I even learned a bit how to code in Spectrum assembler. The intel assembler
>is surprisingly similar and so it took me just a few days to learn it.

I had lotsa fun with the Apple II assembler cracking various games for
endless lives etc. The build-in debugger helped a great deal.

>  Of course I'm very young in this matter. I personally know people who have
>used computers when they still used punch cards and had no monitors of any kind
>(everything was printed on paper).

I have, and I am not that old. In fact, one of my term projects that
I'll be finishing tomorrow requires the use of such a computer.

I have also used a MiniVax under VMS for a while, as the Uni's email
system used to be based on one. Thankfully, it's on Linux now. I have
internet and e-mail at home now, but back then, when these were still
luxuries, things were different. Gee, I've even used FTPMail!

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg