POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Copyright and sequels of 'Les Misérables' : Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:41 EDT (-0400)
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Dec 2008 07:59:51
Message: <u4fsk4lueou9s4fhvvh7sqm4meg15lnmv5@4ax.com>
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:16:37 +0100, Fa3ien <fab### [at] yourshoesskynetbe>
wrote:

> Respect is
>    due to the works forever; for example, you can't normally publish
>    a modified version of "hamlet", where you changed some random words,
>    or say you wrote it yourself...

Sorry to contradict you Fabian but that is a bad example. Most of Shakespeare's
plays are published in different versions probably because none of them were
published by him. All of the plays we have are copies from memory or from actors
working parts. There is also a tradition of adapting them, for instance Westside
Story is an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.

--

Regards
     Stephen