POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oven physics : Re: Oven physics Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oven physics
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jun 2008 16:20:15
Message: <u21644ha15b6hgu77svjmh7ckknh0egebg@4ax.com>
On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 19:14:43 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull>
wrote:

>So this is where I write a long rant about thermal dynamics, and
>somebody comes along to tell me how completely wrong I am...

I remember thinking the same as you when I lived with my parents
(quite a while ago) and I actually had a look inside. What I saw was
when you put the oven on the flame was quite large, between one and
two inches, after the oven had heated up. The size of the flame had
shrunk to being about a quarter of an inch. You probably cannot see an
open flame in modern cookers, health and safety etc.
Oh and if you Google "gas oven thermostats" you might be surprised as
you can find how to fix faulty ones ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen