POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Silly little feature request : Re: Silly little feature request Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silly little feature request
From: Peter Popov
Date: 2 Dec 1999 17:49:57
Message: <u=ZGOORR+Vrgh++nm260obAePMJu@4ax.com>
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:58:20 -0500, "TonyB"
<ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote:

>I know about that, but how is it accesible from POV?
>
>Besides, you guys are proposing a work-around that requires (or so it seems)
>a lot of work. Can't somebody just make it a built-in variable, like clock?
>I mean, it has to exist for POV to report parse time, so you can just rewire
>that number so that the user can access it. Right?

Actually, it doesn't. POV starts the timer, does the initialization
stuff and goes on to parsing. After it's done parsing. it checks the
time, stores parsing time in total time, resets the counter and starts
rendering. After this has been done, it stops the timer, checks it,
remembers this as render time and adds it to total time. Provisions
are made for the case of animation.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be *that* hard to check the timer any
time during the parsing.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700