POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 7 Mar 2004 14:34:54
Message: <tvtm40pt8c6r6paljai9n8ucpkqre48epm@4ax.com>
On 7 Mar 2004 14:19:44 -0500, Tom Galvin <tom### [at] imporg> wrote:

>IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in
>

>> More power to your elbow, but we are talking jpeg/2000 here.
>>

>Evidently the royal "We".

Don't be so ignorant. Re-read the thread. See what we are writing
about.

>You have already been informed by one of the
>admins that jpeg2000 is not "currently" an approved format.

So that is why we are discussing the issue here to see if that
"ruling" can be changed.

I know this is not a democracy, but are you people so narrow-minded as
to be unable to take another point of view?

>That may
>change in the future.  Get over it.

I'm seeing if it can be changed now. This is the first attempt at
discussing this. This is what we do in a democracy, we discuss. I
know, as I said, this venus ain't a democracy - but is is a discussion
newsgroup. So we discuss.

>There is another option currently
>available to you that will display your images in all their glory.  Use it
>or don't.  In the meantime, don't expect approval for breaking the rules.

Who said I was breaking the rules? PAY ATTENTION.

I posted a JPEG2000 file once and was told not to do so again. This I
have complied with.

>I am not defending the act of conversion to jpeg that was done on your
>image.  I think you overreacted, and let your emotion cloud your judgement,

I think you will find my arguments are still sound. Just because you
don't like a little edge to someone's way of writing does not mean
they do not have a valid point of view.

>when reponding to others.  I am no stranger to profanity.  I just find it
>tiresome when used by amateurs indiscriminately to poor effect.

So there are professional swearers here are they? What the fuck are
you talking about? Nonsense is what.

>If you
>wish to see an example of the creative use of profanity, may I reccomend
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093058/

I am not here to be creative, I am here to argue a point. Where the
fuck you get the idea that one has to be creative in order to do that
I do not know. I suspect you have merely run out of valid
counter-arguments to my proposal and are now using the usual
usenet-time-wasting-argument aproach.

>I won't killfile you because I disagree with you.

Whoopie. Like I fucking care. In fact I wish you would so I don't have
to read your pointless arguments again.

> You have in the past
>made wonderful contributions to the community.  Sadly, your current tirade
>adds little, and only harms yourself.  A little common courtesy goes a long
>way.

Again, where on Earth do you get the idea that we must all be
fluffy-puppy with one another? What kind of debating system is that?

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com