POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Multilingual Documentation Project : Re: Multilingual Documentation Project Server Time
15 May 2024 09:03:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multilingual Documentation Project
From: ABX
Date: 5 Aug 2002 10:02:59
Message: <tuvsku40gr0niqr7n4m2r9di1uhhueci13@4ax.com>
On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:41:23 +0200, Jaime Vives Piqueres
<jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>   I myself started to act as coordinator for the spanish translation,
> mainly because it seems there is not another volunteer.

encontrada'. What is current status of your translation ?

> >   It will be possible to translate in cooperation (more than one
> >   translator per language). No more than one translator per section at the
> >   same time.
>
>   Perfect! It will be also nice if it will support a "coordinator" for each
> language to "verify" the translations, or to permit some other registered
> translator to do it, to help homogenizing the style.

I plan to automatically attach header and footer for translated output with
icons to other language versions, links to main POV-related sites, and with
something like : "Want to note about not translated part or wrong translation?
mailto: somebody"

> > III. What it need.
> >
> >   I need translators. If you want to help in building community support
> >   send to me your:
> >     - email
> >     - real name or nick
> >     - speed estimation, for example: sentence per week, chapter per day,
> >     1000
> >       characters in an hour

I forgot to mention I also need traget language name :-)

>  Count me in, but I don't fully understand this part. Are you thinking on
> hosting a single multilingual system, and coordinating yourself all the
> translations?

Nearly. I want host system to navigate translation with export to different
location (on povray.org? on some country location? translator location? I
don't know). The only effort from me is to build, setup system, gather
volounteers and generate incremental from time to time. It will be
database-driven with database engine in my company.

> Perhaps it will be better to create a system that permits
> custom installs for each language, so each translation can be hosted and
> coordinated separately. I think this is more apropiated, specially to help
> building local comunities.

I'm building my system with easy in use 4GL. Writting it more universal (for
example in PHP) would be also more difficoult for me and time consuming at
this moment.

>  Well, an official support is always nice.

Yes :-)

ABX